Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Sir Chistory Returns

I know it's a cheap excuse for writing, but I'm fascinated by my own curiosity.

Click OK to clear the following searches from history:

The Country Girl, Save the Tiger
Movies mentioned in a lunch-time quiz. Someone in them won an Oscar, and I'd never heard of them. Might be worth a try.


What you want the most
Looking for motivation here, and I found a couple of good ones. Got me all psyched up for the day. For doing things like writing in my blog and such. Aren't you thrilled and grateful?

Orange Juliis
Okay, so I spelled it wrong. That's the magic of the Internet search. You don't have to be right to get the recipe for your friend when she wants to make something like a drink she used to get at the mall.

Annoy a Tron Sound Module
This is for my ground-breaking new product that I can't tell you about yet. I was looking for a way to have random sounds come from a thing. I remembered that someone I worked with brought in a fun annoying toy that would make noises now and then, driving the victim crazy as they tried to find the source. This was after the search that got the name of the thing. I also found that sound modules are used for model train sounds.

Symbionese Liberation Army
Because Patty Hearst got involved with them. I have no idea how I got to that bit of information, but I had to look up this oddly named group. The name comes from symbiosis and it was formed by a guy who escaped from prison and somehow got a group together who thought it was okay to kill and kidnap people.

Davit
Yes, this is a valid word in WordFeud. It's a thing that lifts and lowers those lifeboats.

Tura Lura Lura
I wasn't sure how to spell it, but I wanted to hear this lullaby my mom used to sing. I found some YouTube videos and lyrics and all that.

Olympians Without a Country
Someone mentioned this at work and I got curious. I guess if something goes wrong with the IOC in their country, athletes can compete under the Olympic flag. Who knew? The other Olympics-related search was Macedonia after Brazil. This alphabetical order mystery came from the opening ceremonies. Turns out Macedonia is Bulgaria.

Free Tire Air Pump
We really needed air, and just for kicks, I thought I'd see if we could save a buck. The magical site freeairpump.com helped us find a place just down the road.

Feed a Cold
Because sometimes you can't remember: is it feed a cold or feed a fever? Can I justify eating a bunch of junk food when I'm sick, or am I supposed to be starving myself and only eating broth and water?



No comments:

Post a Comment